WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Workforce Services technology team is seeking an IT Program Manager. The individual in this role will oversee the delivery of change program that spans across multiple agile Squads (teams), potentially from different Tribes, for our digital collaboration suite over the next two years, and will subsequently oversee other future transformation efforts (as needs arise).
This individual will oversee the delivery of change program that spans across multiple agile Squads (teams), potentially from different Tribes, to deliver the new technical solutions, migrate data from current to target systems, and manage the change / training effort around this transformation. The IT program manager responsibilities include:
This individual will own the appropriate scrum-of-scrums forum (key objective: driving coordination across squads; monitoring progress against scope, milestones, budget, quality commitments; proactively identifying, monitoring, mitigating & escalating risks and issues).
- Drive shared outcomes (OKRs / KPIs) with relevant Tribe Leaders / Product Owners, i.e. manage and own shared milestones, cost, quality commitments at a program level
- Act as theme integrator - across squads and tribes for cross-functional initiatives, owning overarching delivery commitments and managing interdependencies
- Provide 'big picture view' of program - proactively identify and escalate risks / critical path dependencies / key decisions to senior stakeholders
- Prepare for and facilitate regular governance cadence (e.g., key decisions to be made across senior stakeholders)
- Analytically support decision-making: during design / config / migration phase, consult key analyses w/ Tribe Leaders / Product Owners to reach decisions
Additionally, this individual will also coordinate senior stakeholder forums (monthly capstones) to ensure any escalations are resolved, senior stakeholders are fully updated on progress and risks / issues, any decisions are taken to ensure progress with this transformation.
The candidate will have a proven track record of delivery of technically advanced solutions and coordinating work across multiple workstreams / agile squads.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in driving complex technology change, and thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
The successful candidate will be experienced in:
- Leading complex IT change, coordinating multiple agile squads / tribes towards their shared OKRs (milestones, budget, quality, cost saving commitments)
- Coordinating agile teams and steering committees to ensure programs stay on schedule and on budget
- Managing program financials, ensuring budget and commitments are met
- Managing complex interdependencies across squads / tribes, and resolving to maximize business value
- Proactively identifying risks and issues, monitoring, mitigating and escalating when appropriate
- Performing quantitative analyses to support decision making (e.g., with regards to migration: identifying options, articulating costs / UX implications and proposing way forward)
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Significant IT delivery experience within a professional services, or other global firm
- Experience with change management, preferably in multi-national and distributed setting
- Experience and success in balancing program, change, people and external vendor management
- Ability to successfully and effectively manage at both the detail and high levels of multiple workstreams
- Proven track record of delivering expected business benefits on challenging projects
- Ability to take initiative and find ways to get things done
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong listening, feedback, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to build trust and work collaboratively with senior leadership and stakeholders
- Effectively communicate at the senior business stakeholder, process and technical levels
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team bringing a sense of urgency to the tasks at hand
- High level of initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, collaboration and patience
- Ability to influence others without direct authority
- Able to translate large, complex issues/objectives into effective work plans for self/others
- Strong customer orientation towards internal customers
- Ability to successfully implement change through relationships built on a local, regional and global level
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in related field
- 8+ years of experience in an internal or external consulting role responsible for driving large complex IT change, especially in an agile context; but will also consider applicants with equivalent level of knowledge and experience
YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will work with a broad spectrum of senior leadership & teams across the technology & product (Agile@Scale) team.
Effective November 1, 2021, all new US hires must be fully vaccinated* or subject to a religious or medical exemption.
*two weeks after receiving the final dose of a WHO-approved COVID19 vaccine
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.